Trimmers & Brushcutters
Your best line of defense against grass, weeds and brush
STIHL trimmers and brushcutters are made for those who truly appreciate a well-groomed landscape. If you’re like us, there’s nothing more satisfying than the sound of a whirring trimmer line and the smell of freshly cut grass. There’s also nothing more frustrating than unreliable equipment preventing you from taming the weeds that creep onto your picturesque patch of land. When such adversity occurs, glove up and reach for a STIHL trimmer or brushcutter.
Our trimmers and brushcutters are available in a wide range of handle variations, including various length shaft, straight shaft, loop handle and bike handle configurations. Whether you’re a homeowner touching up your lawn or a landscaping professional tackling tough brush removal, there’s a STIHL trimmer or brushcutter to meet your unique needs. That’s a lot of landscaping possibilities. It’s no wonder we covered all the bases with features like powerful, fuel-efficient engines, interchangeable cutting heads, solid, durable construction and anti-vibration technology for enhanced comfort.
For those seeking an environmentally conscious alternative to gasoline-powered products, STIHL offers electric and Lithium-Ion battery-powered trimmers. These revolutionary grass trimmers are lightweight, incredibly quiet and start with a simple squeeze of a trigger. STIHL also sells a complete line of cutting heads and blades to best suit your trimming needs. Now, weeds and brush have nowhere to hide.
STIHL Trimmer & Brushcutter Products
STIHL Trimmer and Brushcutter Common Features
A - Protected Spark Arrestor Muffler has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
B - Protected Spark Plug is protected yet easy to change.
C - Air Filter Cover is easy to remove for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
D - Upright Translucent Fuel Tank allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright position makes it easier to refill.
E - Smooth Clean Design has no rough edges to snag on clothing or brush.
F - High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant.
G - Purge Pump Primer lets you prime the carburetor without flooding it.
H - Protected Choke Lever/Knob helps prevent damage.
I - Heavy-Duty Centrifugal Clutch is designed to reduce slippage.
J - Throttle Trigger Interlock must be depressed before the trigger can be activated.
K - Fully Lined Drive Shaft provides smooth operation and less vibration.
L - Adjustable Front Handle adjusts for comfort.
M - Protected or Enclosed Control Cables eliminate dangling and loose wires.
N - Protected Throttle Trigger helps prevent damage. Professional models only.
O - Clip for Strap or Harness.
OTHER COMMON FEATURES NOT DIAGRAMMED
- Long-Life Cylinders provide maximum wear life, better cooling and lubrication, more power output.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- Superior Balance and Design help reduce operator fatigue and make handling easy.
- Family Engine Concept includes many interchangeable components across model lines, enabling fast field fixes.
These features are found on some STIHL power tools.
- Easy2Start™ System (E): This starting system reduces the strength and effort needed to start the engine. Available on select models.
- ElastoStart™ Handle has a built-in shock absorber for smoother starting.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor measures air on clean side of air filter and adjusts metering diaphragm in carburetor. Keeps RPM level even when filter begins to clog.
- Interchangeable Gearboxes fit many models, allowing for one machine to do a variety of tasks.
- AutoCut® Trimming Head is a proven and dependable TapAction™ cutting head. Other cutting attachments available on most models.
*STIHL trimmers, brushcutters and lawn edgers have many common features. However, all models may not have all the features shown here.